Sunday, February 7, 2010

New Zealand Adventure, Day 12

Sunday, 7-Feb-2010, 10:30 PM

My ankle has been lobbying for two days for me to stop moving and stay indoors. But I've been ignoring it because there are just too many interesting things to see and do. However, my knee has joined the ankle, and they have their own little PAC going. I think they're trying to recruit my other knee, then it's just a matter of time before the rest of my body throws in with them. So, for a while at least I'm grounded.

This morning I went wandering (duh) and I can see the Te Papa Museum from our window at the Duxton hotel. They have the “A Day in Pompeii” exhibit and Kristi and I are going to try to catch that before we leave on Saturday. It really depends on her schedule.

I think the Duxton is in a perfect location. I think every other shop within a six block radius is a local (i.e. non-chain) eatery and the rest are shops of some other sort. The waterfront is also very close and I actually wandered into a farmers' market by complete accident. I was walking along the waterfront and was suddenly browsing food stalls, handmade crafts and I counted seven mini-markets with just about any kind of fresh produce that New Zealand can grow.

Kristi was at Park Road Post today. Her first of three days of editing. She and Paul have hit it off famously and everyone PRP who meets her comments on how much they enjoyed reading her script and are looking forward to the finished product. Kristi and Paul have a good mock-up and apparently it is already getting good reviews internally :-)

When she got back, we went out wandering again and dinner tonight was provided by Wholly Pizza.

Random shout out to voice actor and retired US Marine Dallas Barnett. Kristi had a great time working with him. Thanks for your service to country and film :-) (He commented on her video blog on the YBBC website, so I figured I'd comment back.)

No comments:

Post a Comment