Friday, April 21, 2017

My rules for Dating My Daughter

Everyone father (and mother) has rules for "dating my daughter."  (Heaven forbid I need these before she graduates college, but she's got a mind of her own, and she'll do what she wants.)

Let's be honest, no one out there will ever be good enough for our Princesses.  That's part of being a father, but she's smart and funny, and the boys will fawn over her some day.

I just need to make sure the boys - especially teenage boys, who are the worst breed ever at thinking they're smarter and more clever, and no one could possibly have dreamed up whatever scheme they have today -  have proper perspective on the fact that they are not, in fact, anywhere near as clever as they want to believe.

New Rules for Dating My Daughter

  1. Once upon a time, I was a teenage boy.  I know what you’re thinking;
  2. I’m older now – not only do I know what you’re thinking, I’ve had more thoughts than you can possibly imagine, and I know exactly how to tell if you’ve had them, and I already know what will happen to you if those thoughts ever leave your head;
  3. If you make her cry, I will make you cry;
  4. You should Google “Rules for Dating My Daughter” – it won’t help you escape, but you might realize how deep you’re already in it;
  5. When in doubt, if convinced you're the most clever human who ever lived, remember Rule 1.
Now, get off my lawn, you punk!






No comments:

Post a Comment